Current Career Openings
Agri-Valley Communications, Inc. offers a wide range of career opportunities within the corporation and its affiliated companies. As a telecommunications-based organization, our workforce includes specialists in telephony; network infrastructure, installation and management; various IT disciplines; computer repair, service and sales; customer care and service support; administration, accounting and clerical positions; as well grounds and building maintenance. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Agri-Valley Communications, Inc. encourages individuals to grow through on-the-job training as well as other job-specific educational opportunities.
Disclaimer: This job description reflects the essential functions of this particular position; it is not a contract of employment. All aspects of the employment relationship are at-will, including the Company’s right and discretion to assign and/or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. Agri-Valley Communications, Inc., along with its affiliated companies, is an at-will employer. Pursuant and subject to applicable disability laws, it is possible that essential functions may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals protected by those disability laws. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose a serious health or safety risk to the employee or others or which impose an undue hardship on the Company.
System Performance / rf Technician
Network Operations Manager
The System Performance/RF Technician is responsible for the performance and optimization of Agri-Valley Communications, Inc.’s wireless networks. This position works closely with members of the Operations team along with Sales, Customer Service and customers, to ensure network quality and determine the cause of customer trouble and assists in developing/implementing solutions.
1. Optimize performance of cellular and data network by analyzing wireless network KPI’s, drive and PIM test data as well as on-site measurements.
2. Evaluate performance of antennas and other RF equipment to provide recommendations on current and future sites.
3. Operate RF propagation and mapping software to determine network coverage and to propose new sites or site modifications.
4. Perform drive testing to document network coverage, determine sources of interference and identify areas of degraded service.
5. Investigate and resolve customer complaints and trouble tickets regarding service by examining performance metrics and data.
6. Perform customer premise survey for BDA (Bi-Directional Amplifier) requests and oversee methods and quality of installation.
7. Assist in troubleshooting and performing repairs on wireless infrastructures and associated peripheral equipment.
8. Provide management with reporting and communications related to network performance.
9. Ability to connect hitch to trailer, transport and start portable generators when needed for power outages at cell site locations throughout service area.
10. Use company vehicle and plow to remove snow from cell site locations and other company property.
11. Assist with inventory control.
12. Perform job duties within Company health and safety requirements.
1. High school diploma or GED required.
2. Minimum of two years previous telecommunications experience desired.
3. Ability to handle multiple tasks with high levels of accuracy with minimal supervision.
4. Excellent communications skills.
5. Advanced customer service skills.
6. Geographical knowledge of service area or map reading skills.
7. Possesses strong people skills.
8. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
9. Meet MDOT requirements for medium duty commercial vehicles.
10. Successfully complete pre-employment background screening.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position requires a valid driver’s license for frequent travel necessary to perform job duties.
This job operates both indoors and outdoors. Dress should be appropriate for frequent customer service interaction but also weather appropriate.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time regular position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with on-call responsibilities.
Interested applicants may send resumes AND cover letters to:
Agri-Valley Communications, Inc.
Pigeon, MI 48755
Applications must be received by end of business Friday, October 20, 2017.
Disclaimer: This job description reflects the essential functions of this particular position; it is not a contract of employment. All aspects of the employment relationship are at-will, including the Company’s right and discretion to assign and/or reassign duties and responsibilities in this position at any time. Agri-Valley Communications, Inc., along with its affiliated companies, is an at-will employer. Pursuant and subject to applicable disability laws, it is possible that essential functions may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals protected by those disability laws. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose a serious health or safety risk to the employee or others or which impose undue hardship on the Company.
Agri-Valley Communications and its affiliate companies, Pigeon Telephone Company, Thumb Cellular, Agri-Valley Services and the AVS TechTeam currently have no open position.
However, persons interested in joining our team may send a letter of interest along with a resume to:
Agri-Valley Communications, Inc.
Pigeon, MI 48755