AVS truNet, Manager
The Tier 2 Support Technician provides second level technical support to AVS Customer Service Representatives for escalated internet customer concerns related to services and/or devices. The Tier 2 Support Technician needs to possess technical knowledge and communicate effectively to both internal and external customers. This position also provides administrative and technical assistance for the AVS truNet department.
- Assist AVS Customer Service Representatives and customers by troubleshooting and diagnosing problems to provide resolutions for service-related issues.
- Advise and educate customers through a combination of experience and documentation, to ensure a solution.
- Ensure customer contact/trouble ticket notes thoroughly detail the problem and resolution.
- Communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Escalate trouble tickets to the next level for service calls.
- Assist AVS Field Technicians by activating/provisioning subscriber accounts.
- Provide backup to the Wireless Coordinator by scheduling service calls and installs.
- Work with vendors to provision and test new equipment on our network.
- Perform remote Firmware updates and device provisioning.
- Review and create quality assurance and performance reports.
- Perform job duties within company health and safety requirements.
- Trade school degree or 2 years of related experience in customer service, project management or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with high levels of accuracy with minimal supervision.
- Intro level Networking knowledge required.
- Ability to perform job duties in a professional and respectful manner when working with customers and co-workers.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ambition and passion for learning and teaching.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Comprehensive benefits package after 90 days. This includes but is not limited to medical, vision, dental, retirement plans (after 1 year), paid time off and employee discounts on company services.
Minimal travel may be required.
This job operates in a professional office environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time regular position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with on-call responsibilities.
Submit your application through this website no later than Friday, May 14, 2021.
Disclaimer: This job description reflects the essential functions of this particular position; it is not a contract of employment. All aspects of the employment relationship are at-will, including the Company’s right and discretion to assign and/or reassign duties and responsibilities in this position at any time. Agri-Valley Communications, Inc., along with its affiliated companies, is an at-will employer. Pursuant and subject to applicable disability laws, it is possible that essential functions may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals protected by those disability laws. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose a serious health or safety risk to the employee or others or which impose undue hardship on the Company.