AVS – Tech Team
Agri-Valley Services, Inc. Manager
Full-Time Non Exempt
The Tech Team Technician is responsible for diagnosing, installing, maintaining, repairing and upgrading computer systems and equipment for both internal and external customers. The position also acts as a technical resource in order to assist users with resolving computer issues.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls and emails regarding hardware and PC problems.
- Provide support and training to all customers on computer or other technology operation issues.
- Act as a liaison with external support agencies to resolve faults efficiently.
- Install various computer/network solutions, audio/video equipment, structured wiring, etc., using basic hand/power tools in home, commercial, and outdoor settings.
- Maintain and report accurate records of time and materials used for all work orders.
- Communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Investigate and research current trends in technology.
- Behave in a professional manner with customers and co-workers.
- Perform job duties within Company health and safety requirements.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- CompTIA A+ certification required within first 6 months of employment.
- Experience in telecommunications, electrical, construction, or related field preferred.
- Working knowledge of handheld electronics, including smart phones, iPads, etc. preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds, climb ladders and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work in tight spaces, including attics and crawl spaces.
- Must be able to work outside in extreme weather conditions, including precipitation and temperature variations.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively with strong attention to detail.
- Successfully complete pre-employment background screening.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Comprehensive benefits package after 90 days. This includes but is not limited to medical, vision, dental, retirement plans, paid time off and employee discounts on company services.
Minimal travel may be required.
This job operates in a professional office environment.
Expected Hours of Work:
Hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Submit your application through this website no later than Monday, May 10, 2021.
Disclaimer: This job description reflects the essential functions of this particular position; it is not a contract of employment. All aspects of the employment relationship are at-will, including the Company’s right and discretion to assign and/or reassign duties and responsibilities in this position at any time. Agri-Valley Communications, Inc., along with its affiliated companies, is an at-will employer. Pursuant and subject to applicable disability laws, it is possible that essential functions may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals protected by those disability laws. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose a serious health or safety risk to the employee or others or which impose undue hardship on the Company.